So, you are getting married. GREAT! And you love giving parties and think creating your wedding will be a piece of cake. WRONG! You are the bride this time. The center of attention. To avoid letting important details fall through the cracks, here are a few simple WEDDING MUSTS to keep in mind.
1. Start Early:
It is best to start early to move forward and think about selecting your dress first with some of your accessories. Next, to match your wedding style choose the colors that will embrace your theme and venue. From here you can focus on your Save the Date Cards, Invitations, Bridesmaid dresses the Flowers and the Decor to create a complete visual of what your wedding day will look like.
2. Choose your Venue: Another wedding must is to think about viewing a wedding at each venue you are considering, either through pictures or in person. If it’s an outdoor affair, see what the venue supplies in case of a weather issue. Talk to the onsite wedding coordinator to see if your personalities mesh as she/he will be your main connection the day of your wedding.
3. Invitations: Have your invitations designed, printed and mailed in plenty of time to receive your responses and be able to correct any printing issues. Know that it may take 5 days or more to complete the calligraphy on 150 invitations.
4. Music: Don’t wait until the last minute to book your DJ or live band. Popular bands and DJ’s can book up to 6-9 months in advance. So if you want to hire a wedding band from Bondah for example, you will definitely need to book them well in advance. Rely on recommendations from friends, Yelp and other Internet connections and listen to their music to make a choice.
5. Photography: In photos and throughout your wedding day try to be yourself. I know there will be a few high anxiety and nervous moments at one time or another but have fun and let your personality show through. Be candid with friends and family after the mandatory perfunctory family photos have been taken. Nothing looks worse than posed photos to look back on years ahead.
6. Menu: Whether you are having a brunch, lunch or dinner buffet or sit down affair, take some time to sit down and go over some menu selections with your caterer. Arrange for a tasting of your menu beforehand to approve of the selection. The food is one of THE most important choices for your wedding, as you want to leave your guests with a memorable dining experience!
7. Cakes: If you are planning on a wedding cake to celebrate your day, know there is no limit to what can be done. Browse the Internet and Pinterest to get some ideas and then take it to a bakery to do a small mockup of the design. Have a cake tasting to see what combinations of filling and frosting tastes the best. Consider adding a fun cake topper which are very popular today. This could be a funny bride and groom couple, a shared sport or if you are going with a special theme such as Hawaiian, add a grass skirt and a touch of beach to your choice.
8. Makeup: It is good to know the person who will be doing your hair and makeup the day of your wedding. Do a practice run of several hair styles and makeup. If you are someone who wears little or no makeup at all this will be a different experience. As a bride, you should add more makeup than usual because it will look better in your photographs!
These are just a few of our favorites to begin planning your wedding day. It’s easier to start your list of “to-do’s” small and then you can easily fill in the rest.There are many more areas to tackle after you complete these eight! Always remember to relax and have fun!
After all …”It’s all about the Shoes…and the Steps you take!
Featured Wedding Dress: www.nicolespose.com
Dancing Photo:Copyright: – here